Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Great Silicon Valley Caper

I'm really excited because I'm contributing a necklace to The Great Silicon Valley Caper, an event on May third to benefit EMQ FamiliesFirst - a non-profit organization serving children in crisis in Santa Clara County. I chose one of my favorites -- that's like choosing one of your favorite children! The name of the necklace is Dawn. It's made with iolite, sodalite and pearls, all shades of violet-blue and a sort of almond-shaped golden citrine in the center. I used a gold-colored beading wire because the citrine is transparent and I don't want anything taking away from that pretty stone. I debated naming it Dawn, just in case there were any stray Tony Orlando references. He had nothing to do with necklace. It was really the colors of the morning.

Now that it's done, all that I have to do is prepare the packaging. I'm trying to figure out what would be the best packaging for such a prestigious event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thanks for visiting.

Please keep your comments topical & respectful. We can't accept links or be responsible for content of comments.