Thursday, October 8, 2009

Prine, Roosevelt, French and Simon: Birthdays in a Row!

There's an interesting little quartet of birthdays coming up and since one of the goals of this blog is to call attention to events that may be commemorated, I thought I'd mention them here.

Celebrating a birthday on Oct. 10th is musician John Prine. Oct. 11th is the birthdate of both Eleanor Roosevelt and British actor Dawn French. Oct. 13th is the birthday for musician Paul Simon.

There are books by the inspiring Eleanor Roosevelt such as You Learn by Living: Eleven Keys for a More Fulfilling Life and The Autobiography Of Eleanor Roosevelt.


Some favorite Eleanor Roosevelt quotes:

 “What you don't do can be a destructive force”

“When will our consciences grow so tender that we will act to prevent human misery rather than avenge it?”

“What one has to do usually can be done.”

“I have spent many years of my life in opposition and I rather like the role.”

“I once had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: no good in a bed, but fine up against a wall.”


Dawn French has an autobiography out called Dear Fatty. She talks about her career, body image issues, motherhood, dealing with adoption and her marriage to fellow comedy icon, Lenny Henry.

John Prine is currently on tour through the US and Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thanks for visiting.

Please keep your comments topical & respectful. We can't accept links or be responsible for content of comments.