Monday, December 2, 2013

Laurel and Hardy Put Pants on Philip December 3rd

Happy Anniversary Laurel and Hardy
Putting Pants on Philip

December 3, 1927 the first Laurel and Hardy film released:
Produced by Hal Roach, Directed by: Leo McCarey, Clyde Bruckman
Laurel and Hardy were in 107 films between 1921 and 1950










A few songs about pants and shirts
to celebrate this auspicious occasion
...


The Pants Song
by Randy Newman on Saturday Night Live

 

The Pants Song by Randy Newman
--Excerpt of lyrics
Gonna take off my pants
Gonna take off my pants
Gonna take off my pants
Gonna take off my pants

And your mama can't stop me
And your papa can't stop me
And the police can't stop me
No one can stop me
Gonna do it right now



The Pants Song
For you and your kids, sung by Lenny Henry
By Giles Andreae, Illustrated by Nick Sharratt





The book version of Pants

Learn the words, the pictures, have fun. Don't forget your shirt.


I Want My Shirt aka The Shirt Song
My favorite shirt song is from the Marx Brothers' first film, Cocoanuts.

A gentleman cannot find his shirt. The cast breaks out into a full-scale dramatic number about saga of the missing shirt set to music from Carmen.

Here are some of the more exciting bits from the song. There is much repetition and wringing of hands and finally cheering and celebration.

I want my shirt, I want my shirt!

I can't be happy without my shirt! 
I won't be happy without my shirt!

(--Then someone gives him his shirt --)

I've got my shirt! I've got my shirt!





I'm too sexy (for my shirt)
Right Said Fred had a hit with this song in 1991.
Get up and dance...




Hands in Film Fashion: The Women, The Man Who Came to Dinner, Elsa Schiaparelli

Dance the Cuckoo for Ollies Birthday Laurel and Hardy Week 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thanks for visiting.

Please keep your comments topical & respectful. We can't accept links or be responsible for content of comments.